Sunday, October 19, 2008

Brinkley finally made it...

Brinkley Lane was born on October 10th at 10:26 pm.  She weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz. and was 20 and a half inches long.  (The hospital measured her at 21 and a quarter inches, but at her one week appointment I watched the nurse measure her and she was 20 and a half inches.)  Everything went really well, and my mom and dad even made it in time for the birth!  I ended up being induced because I was so far dilated (at a five and about 80% effaced) and because I was group B strep positive this time.  So on Friday I went to the hospital at noon and had to get at least two rounds of antibiotics (spaced four hours apart) in me before they could do anything else.  The plan was to get the antibiotics and then the doctor would just come and break my water and see if that would get me going.  But when they checked me, and baby's head was still floating up so they didn't dare break my water. So they startedme on pitocin at 6 pm to push the baby's head down.  They steadily increased my dose until about 9:15 when I ask for an epidural.  At that point my doctor was there and told them to stop the pit because I didn't need it anymore and I was waiting for the epidural.  At 10:10-ish I started pushing and about 15 min. later Brinkley was here.  It went so well, and Zack even got to help deliver the baby and he didn't drop her:)  We are so glad she is finally here!  Ady has been so good with her too.  She gets so excited to see the baby every morning, and even more excited when she is awake.  She likes to hug her and give her kisses; it's so sweet.  And she hasn't even hit her on purpose yet!Yay!!!  Anyway she is super cute and sweet and looks a little like Ady's baby pics so far, just without the big cheeks.

1 comment:

Petals and Promises said...

Congratulations Guys! We are excited to see you at Christmas time! You have such a cute family. Are you going to beat us with kid #3? Probably... cause I think we are done! Love ya!